At Redhill Shopmobility we rely on the generosity and support of individuals like you to carry out our vital work. That is why we want to be completely transparent about why we need the personal details we request when you engage with us and how we will use them.
As you browse our website and whenever you communicate with us, we collect information. It deepens our understanding of what works and what doesn’t, which helps make our communications more effective. The more information we have, the more efficiently we are able to operate and the more funds we can direct into our services.
We take protecting your privacy very seriously and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to make sure your information is safe.
If you have any questions please contact the Manager on 01737 772718. Or at Redhill Shopmobility, Car Park Level 1, The Belfry Shopping Centre, Redhill RH1 1ST.
- Who we are
- Why we collect information
- What information we collect, how we collect it and what we use it for
- What we communicate with you about
- Who we share your data with
- How we keep your data safe
- Keeping your information up to date
- How long we store your data for
- How to find out what information we have about you
- Your rights regarding data
- How to change the way we contact you
- What to do if you don’t want us to collect information about you
- Changes to this policy
- Further information
Who we are
Redhill Shopmobility aim to enable people with mobility needs accessibility to our town offering manual and electric wheelchairs and scooters for those with permanent or temporary mobility needs.
Redhill Shopmobility is a charity and our registered charity number is 11655439, registered in England and Wales.
We are also a one stop shop to purchase disability related items and products including grab rails, cushions, walking aids, chairs and scooters amongst many other items.
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or Our’, it refers to Redhill Shopmobility.
We are registered as a data controller, with the Information Commissioner’s Office under The Data Protection Act 1998:
Data controller: Redhill Shopmobility
Why we collect information
To deliver the best service possible allowing accessibility to our town for people with mobility needs and to be a supplier of related products.
By understanding more about how people use the information and services we provide, we can improve how we communicate the most important messages that you need to hear.
To save money
We never do anything without carefully considering how much it costs. Collecting information about you and what grabs your attention, and comparing it to others, allows us to work out the most efficient way to do things.
What information we collect, how we collect it and what we use it for
We collect information every time you interact with us. The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. For the most the type of information we will hold on you will be basic personal details only for the purposes of administration and marketing and may include sensitive information regarding any disability.
For example, we may collect information when you:
- Become a member of Redhill Shopmobility
- Participate in an event
- Call in to the shop to make an enquiry
- Make a donation to us
- Purchase something from our shop
- Respond to our mailings
- Request information from us
- Volunteer with us
- Make comments on message boards or discussion forums
- Contact us or become involved with us in any other way than as stated above
The information we may collect from the above interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, address, telephone number, mobile number and/or email address, along with your preferences as to how we should contact you in the future
- Financial and credit card information which you give to us, including your gift aid status
- Information you enter onto our website
- Records of any donation history and correspondence with us
- Information regarding your condition. As this is sensitive personal information, we will only collect this with your explicit consent.
- Details of your visit to the website, including technical information such as the IP address you use to access the website, your browser type and version
- Information you share with independent event organisers, for example the London Marathon or fundraising sites like JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving. These independent third parties will only do so when you have indicated that you wish to support Redhill Shopmobility with your consent.
- In addition to information you give us directly, we may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
We will mainly use the data we collect to:
- Administer your membership
- Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for – for example product information
- Fundraising including administering any donation, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Analyse the personal information we collect about you and use publicly available information to better understand your interests, preferences so that we can contact you more effectively
- Manage your communication preferences, including marketing preferences
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you.
We make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate, in a way that suits you. Our communications have clear marketing preference questions and we include information on how to opt out when we send you marketing or fundraising materials. If you don’t want to hear from us, that’s fine. Just tell us so when you provide your data or contact us on 01737 772718.
Where you have provided us with your telephone number, please note that we may use that telephone number to call you. If you are a member this will only be regarding the administration of your membership. If you have already told us you prefer not to receive telephone calls from us then we will not call you.
We may use desk research, profiling and screening techniques to analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you or to help us place more relevance on the services we offer others. We may make use of additional information about you, including geo- demographic information and measures of affluence, when it is available from third party sources. We may on occasion use third party suppliers to undertake these activities on our behalf and provide them with your information to the extent required.
Such information is compiled using publicly available data about you, for example addresses, listed Directorships, social media posts, newspaper articles or typical earnings in a given industry. This helps us understand the background of the people who do or may support us and helps us to make appropriate adjustments if any to the products we supply.
We will never contact children except where we’ve had parental permission to do so.
When we’re seeing what people do online like this, we’re using cookies. Accepting cookies from us helps direct more funds into support and research. If you don’t want cookies, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive one, then choose to decline it.
What we communicate with you about
If you are a member we will only contact you about your membership or any fundraising if we have your express consent.
For further information on the types of communications we may send under each of these categories, please see below for examples of typical communications, although note that this is not the full list:
- Campaigns– we’d love to tell you about our campaigning activities so that you can get involved should you wish.
- New Product Launches – we’d love to tell you about relevant new products as and when they arrive and only if we feel they may be useful to you.
- Trading – we’d love to show you what you can buy in our online shop. We’d also like to let you know about any special offers – a good excuse to treat family, friends, or yourself.
- Fundraising– the support of our community important to our work and without you we would not be able to continue our ability to offer the services we do.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell or share personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
In other cases we will not disclose any of your personal data except in accordance with this policy, or when we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights, property and safety of Redhill Shopmobility, or others. This includes disclosing your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
We may allow our suppliers to access and use your personal data to allow them to perform services on our behalf (e.g. payment processing). If you participate in any of our finance arrangements, your information will also be processed by our trading companies who administer and run these on our behalf. In these circumstances we will not give these organisations any rights to use your personal information except to provide services to us and in accordance with our instructions.
How we keep your data safe
We aim to ensure that there are appropriate physical, technical and managerial controls in place to protect your personal details.
When we use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf we do checks on these companies before we work with them, and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements.
Our website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Despite all of our precautions however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. So, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention that you do so at your own risk.
Keeping your information up to date
We really appreciate it if you let us know if your contact details, or circumstances change. You can update your details anytime by calling Management at Redhill Shopmobility on 01737 772718.
How long we store your data for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and the appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us. We won’t store your credit/debit card details once we’ve processed any sales for instance.
How to find out what information we have about you
You can request the details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you want to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by post to Redhill Shopmobility, Car Park Level 1, The Belfry Shopping Centre, Redhill RH1 1ST.
Your rights regarding data
How to change the way we contact you
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, please call Management of Redhill Shopmobility on 01737 772718.
We will only email or text you if we believe you have consented for us to, so if you receive anything you haven’t asked for please do let us know. In every email or text we send there will be instructions on how to unsubscribe.
What to do if you won’t want us to collect information about you
If you don’t want us to collect information about you as you browse our website you’ll need to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, then choose to decline it.
If you don’t want us to hold any personal details about you, it’s best just not to give them to us. If you want us to stop collecting information about you or processing that information, then please let us know.
Changes to this policy
This policy was written in August 2019.
We may amend or update this policy at any time to take account of any changes to data protection law or other legislation. When further updates to the policy are made they will be posted on this page, but rest assured we won’t ever make any other changes to the way we use your data without asking you first. Your subsequent submission of personal information to Redhill Shopmobility will be deemed to signify your acceptance to the updates, so you may wish to check this policy each time you submit personal information to us.
The laws that dictate how your personal information can be used are: